A Mid-Year Heat Check on Fintech
What is the state of fintech as we move toward the second half of 2020? As expectations struggle to catch up with the worldwide public health challenge of the coronavirus pandemic, Finovate will dedicate a week to examining where fintech is right now and where it’s going over the balance of this historic year.
With a focus on the latest trends in payments, fraud and cybercrime prevention technology, bankingtech, and wealthtech, Finovate Fintech Halftime Review will kick off on June 22 and run through June 26. The digital-exclusive, five-day event will feature webinars, videos, white papers, eMagazines, and more – with each day dedicated to a key theme driving fintech today. Login and join us from the comfort of your home – or your home/office. The Finovate Fintech Halftime Review is a great opportunity to get a deep dive into the content that matters to you most.
Finovate Podcast Examines Fintech in the Age of COVID-19
Feeling isolated and anxious while sheltering-in-place? Listen in on some of the most insightful conversations about fintech and the economic challenge of the coronavirus pandemic on the Finovate Podcast.
In his most recent episodes, host Greg Palmer continues his Fintech in Extraordinary Times series, examining the impact of the public health crisis on technology and financial services. Check out his interview with Brett King, founder of Moven, and host of the Breaking Banks podcast; as well as his conversation with fintech expert and former Special Assistant to President Obama, Adrienne Harris.
Here is our weekly roundup of news from our Finovate alums.
- Ethoca announces extension of its partnership with Microsoft to give the company’s customers access to their digital purchase receipts.
- ACI Worldwide partners with High Payment Solutions (Hi-Pay) to build the first payments gateway service in Mongolia.
- Salt Edge brings PSD2 and open banking solutions to Roundups’ donation platform.
- Avaloq integrates the ACTICO Compliance Suite to help clients prevent financial crime.
- Worldline partners with Meniga to boost digital customer engagement with Meniga’s personalized banking features.
- Lendio and TouchBistro partner to help restaurants access PPP loan funds faster.
- Glance Networks launches Glance for Financial Services, a co-browse, screenshare, and video tool.
- Zogo Finance signs another three credit unions.
- Finantix closes acquisition of Swiss data analytics company InCube Group.
- Minna Technologies launches subscription management pilot for RBI’s Tatra banka.
- Bankjoy inks partnerships with four credit unions in Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Nebraska with a combined $724 million in assets and more than 65,000 members.
- Hong Kong Jockey Club customers look to Daon’s IdentityX platform for mobile login services.
- Tink partners with Kivra to facilitate payment of bills and invoices.
- Hyundai Card partners with Personetics to deliver financial insights and advice to credit card users.
- BlueRush appoints Andrew Osmak as new Chief Revenue Officer.
- Enveil releases ZeroReveal Machine Learning, an encrypted machine learning product.
- 4Front Credit Union to offer Plinqit to help members save money and stay engaged.
Finovate Alumni Features and Profiles
Arxan Joins Two Firms to Form New Company – Application security company Arxan Technologies announced yesterday that it has joined forces with two other industry firms, CollabNet VersionOne and XebiaLabs, to form a new entity, Digital.ai.
Behavioral Biometrics Specialist BioCatch Scores $145 Million in New Funding – The Series C round featured participation from new and existing investors including Industry Ventures and American Express Ventures, and boosts the company’s total capital to more than $186 million.
SmartAsset Launches New Client Acquisition Solution – Live Connections enables financial advisors to connect directly with prospective clients by phone via SmartAsset’s SmartAdvisor platform.
Apiax on Why 2020 is Turning Out to Be the Year for Regtech – News from regtech companies has been flowing in 2020. Not only that, we saw significantly more regtech companies at FinovateEurope earlier this year than we have at previous events.
iProov Unveils New Web-Based Biometric Authentication Solution – Three-time Finovate Best of Show winner iProov is bringing its innovations in biometric authentication to the web browser.
Onfido Raises $100 Million Because “Identity is Broken” – Digital identity verification platform Onfido reeled in $100 million in a round led by TPG Growth this week. The London-based company’s total investment now sits at just over $182 million.
How to Underwrite Loans When Everyone is a Higher Risk – COVID-19 has rewritten so many rules about the economy. It is now more difficult than ever to underwrite risk and ultimately understand if a consumer will pay back their loan.
Currencycloud and Derivative Path to Bring FX to Community Banks – A new strategic partnership between Currencycloud and cloud-based FX trading platform Derivative Path will make it easier for community and regional banks to offer a variety of FX and interest rate derivative trading options to their customers.
Kyckr Deepens Relationship with Citi – Regtech company Kyckr, which first partnered with its client Citigroup in 2016, has extended its relationship with the bank.