Identity verification and authentication provider Onfido has provided a guiding light when it comes to digital identity in 2020 and the company’s Q3 sales results can back it up.
Onfido’s global sales increased 82% over the course of the third quarter. The company also doubled the number of sales from its 103 new clients. Overall, Onfido saw a 237% increase in U.S. sales during the third quarter and attributes the growth to new customers switching from other providers.
Aiding Onfido’s success is its decision to partner with Identity Access Management (IAM) companies to spur demand for enterprise-level customers. Some of the company’s marketing plays in this area include hosting an e-voting roundtable with Okta, integrating into Auth0’s Marketplace, and listing on the Salesforce AppExchange.
Additional key partnerships for Onfido this year include:
- Alior Bank partnered with Onfido to power digital onboarding.
- Hub City Media partnered with Onfido to resell and distribute Onfido’s identity verification and authentication services.
- Deliveroo expanded its partnership with Onfido to accelerate its onboarding process for drivers.
- Curve partnered with Onfido to enhance its Digital Identity and Know Your Customer (KYC) processes.
- SwissBorg partnered with Onfido to provide a compliant customer onboarding experience.
- Delfin Health partnered with Onfido on its app that predicts, monitors, and tests the health and safety of workforces.
- MyCash partnered with Onfido to power digital onboarding.
- Bondora partnered with Onfido to streamline its onboarding and KYC processes.
- Voima Gold partnered with Onfido to allow customers to securely buy, sell, and store physical gold.
- EstateGuru partnered with Onfido to automate KYC and AML compliance processes.
Onfido leverages the power of machine learning and AI to help companies cross-verify users’ identity documents with a live biometric of their face. The company can verify more than 4,600 document types from 195 countries.
“Our mission is to create a more open world, where identity is the key to access. This starts with widening access, creating opportunities for everyone to connect with the services they need and making sure that it’s as inclusive as it can be,” said Husayn Kassai, CEO and Co-founder of Onfido. “We made significant strides over the last quarter to make our product offering not only more conducive to enterprise-level organizations, but also fairer when it comes to verifying people from different ethnicities. We believe these changes will only accelerate our growth further.”
Onfido most recently showcased its technology at FinovateFall 2018, where it debuted Facial Check with Video. The tool, available via an SDK, prompts users to film themselves repeating numbers and performing randomized movements to ensure liveness and enhance identity verification.