What have the companies that demonstrated their latest technologies at our west coast fintech conference last spring been up to in the months since then?
We’ve moved the event later in the year in 2020 due to the public health concerns over the coronavirus pandemic. But we still wanted to check in on these innovators from our most recent spring show, and take note of their accomplishments since we last saw them on the Finovate stage. Here’s what we found:
Bringing in the Big Money
- Anti-fraud solutions provider – and Best of Show winner – Arkose Labs raised $22 million in a round led by Microsoft’s VC arm, M12. The company won its first Best of Show award at our west coast conference last spring after demonstrating its authentication system.
- Voca.ai, a three-time Best of Show winner, secured funding from American Express Ventures.
- Digital platform banking solution provider Agora secured $2 million in funding as it announced the opening of new headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Cinchy won $500,000 cash prize in 2019 VentureClash competition.
- ClickSWITCH raised $13 million in Series B funding.
- SheerID landed $64 million investment in round led by CVC Growth.
- Strands agrees to be acquired by credit management solutions specialist CRIF.
- Trulioo scored $53 million in new funding.
- YSEOP raises $9.3 million investment from NextStage.
Making Friends in High Places
- BlueRush, which picked up a Best of Show win last year at our west coast conference, sealed an IndiVideo deal with Nikia Dix, and forged a strategic partnership with InfoSlips.
- Best of Show winner Neener Analytics graduated from 2019 FIS Fintech Accelerator program.
- ALTR partnered with fellow Finovate alum Q2 to leverage blockchain technology to improve data security.
- Capsilon agreed to be acquired by Ellie Mae.
- Cinchy earned a spot in the 2020 MassChallenge FinTech program.
- doxo teamed up with fellow Finovate alum Plaid to bring overdraft protection to billpay.
- A new partnership has brought ClickSWITCH’s account switching technology to customers of fellow Finovate alum Finastra. ClickSWITCH also announced a partnership with digital bank Current.
- EVERFI collaborates with Zelle to support youth financial literacy.
- Faraday integrated with growth marketing platform Iterable bringing AI-generated predictions to Iterable’s workflows.
- Fortress Identity worked with Visa to bring biometric authentication to cardholder transactions in Latin America and the Caribbean. The company also partnered with Zenus Bank, helping the Puerto Rico-based institution securely onboard new accounts.
- RightCapital entered into a strategic partnership with the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants, and teamed up with wealth manager CircleBlack.
- Terafina partnered with Alabama’s Listerhill Credit Union and empowered small business onboarding for PlainsCapital Bank.
- Arkose Labs earned a spot in CNBC’s 2019 Upstart 100. The company’s VP of Marketing and Strategy Vanita Pandey and Senior Producer Hedda Peters win Women in Cybersecurity honors from the Cyber Defense Global Awards.
- Neener Analytics won a finalist spot in the India FinTech Forum’s IFTA 2019 awards.
- Glia picked up top honors at the CUNA Operations & Member Experience Council and Technology Council Conference Speed Rounds competition.
- Invest Sou Sou was selected to participate in Halcyon Incubator for startups in the Washington, D.C. area.
- GoBankingRates featured CalcXML in its roundup of top free online financial calculators.
- Cinchy named a finalist in Connecticut Innovations’ 2019 Global Venture Challenge.
- EVERFI recognized in the Deloitte 2019 Technology Fast 500.
- Flybits earned a spot in the 2020 Fintech Power 50, and was named to Digital Finance Institute’s list of Top 50 Fintech Companies in Canada for 2019. Horizn and Responsive AI also earned recognition from the Digital Finance Institute in this roundup.
- Launchfire’s Lemonade training platform named to 2019 Top Training Companies roster for gamification companies.